Entry into the Aqua Park
- All persons entering the Aqua Park must have a valid entry ticket. All entry tickets purchased are only valid on the date and time printed on the ticket.
- All pre-booked tickets (whether made via online or telephone) are non-refundable and non-transferable, including in the event that admission into the Aqua Park is refused or relinquished for any reason.
- Our Site will guide you through the booking process. Before submitting your Order to us you will be given the opportunity to review your Order and amend it. Please ensure that you have checked your Order carefully before submitting it and that each guest is able to satisfy the Entry Conditions. By submitting your Order, you represent to us that you have authority to make the booking on behalf of your party and that the booking is subject to these terms and conditions.
- No part of Our Site constitutes a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your Order constitutes a contractual offer that we may, at our sole discretion, accept. Our acknowledgement of receipt of your Order does not mean that we have accepted it. Our acceptance is indicated by us sending you a booking confirmation by email. Only once we have sent you a booking confirmation will there be a legally binding contract between Us and you. All tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- If we, for any reason, do not accept or cannot fulfil your Order, because for example the dates you have requested are no longer available, then no payment shall be taken under normal circumstances. If we have taken payment any such sums will be refunded to you as soon as possible and in any event within 7 Business Days.
- You may change the date of Your booking up to 10 days before the date on which you’re due to attend. We will use all reasonable endeavours to accommodate Your requested changes, but We do not promise that all date changes that You request will be accommodated.
- If tickets are bought on behalf of other guests, you accept the Entry Conditions on behalf of every guest and shall ensure that the Entry Conditions are complied with by each person in the group.
- All attendees in your group will be required to signed and complete the Attendee Disclaimer (in the form set out below) prior to the entry into the Aqua Park. Any attendee who fails to complete the Attendee Disclaimer prior to the date in which they are due to attend, will be refused entry into the Aqua Park.
- Where tickets are to be purchased for exclusive use of the Aqua Park, such bookings will need to be made direct with us. Payment will need to be made in advance, unless we have agreed any special credit terms with you. Where we have agreed special credit terms, we shall require a non-refundable deposit to secure the exclusive use of the Aqua Park and full payment will need to be made in advance 96 hours before the date you’re due to attend. We reserve the right to refuse entry into the Aqua Park where any payment remains outstanding.
- The Aqua Park operates a strict adult to child regulation policy in order to comply with health and safety standards
- Payment for all tickets online/telephone must always be made in advance and you will be prompted to pay during the
- You will be admitted to Aqua Park subject to the Entry Conditions. If you do not comply with the Entry Conditions or you fail to complete the Disclaimer you will not be permitted access to the Aqua Park or may be removed from the Aqua Park by us, without any right to a refund. Whilst at the Aqua Park, you must comply with any reasonable instructions given to you by our personnel or any third party instructed on behalf of us. We reserve the right
to vary these Entry Conditions at any time without prior notice.
- By entering the Aqua Park, you accept that you have a duty to take reasonable steps to ensure your own safety, taking into account any personal medical conditions. All persons in and around the Aqua Park should behave in a safe manner at all times and must not act in any manner which may disturb other users of the Aqua Park.
- If you or any one in your party behaves in a manner which we consider to be unsafe or where we believe that you’re under the influence of drugs or alcohol or where you disregard the reasonable instructions given to you by us, cause a nuisance or endanger others on the park, then we reserve the right to remove you from the Aqua Park.
- All Participants must be aged 8 or over, and also be 130cm or taller for the Aqua Park. Participants under the age of 18,
will only be able to use the Aqua Park with parental consent.
- All Participants must be confident in the water and able to swim 50m in order to participate in the Aqua Park.
- Participants must not wear any loose clothing during the use of the Aqua Park.
Limitation of Liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, we accept no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Aqua park whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the use of the Aqua Park. We accept no liability for any damage/theft/loss caused to property and/or personal belongings, and any personal belongings brought to the Aqua Park is at your own risk.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to or will exclude or limit Our liability for death or personal injury caused by Our negligence
- Furthermore, if you are a “consumer” as defined by the Consumer Rights Act 2015, or a consumer for the purposes of any other consumer protection legislation, nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to or will exclude, limit, prejudice, or otherwise affect any of Our duties or obligations to You, or Your rights or remedies, or Our liability to You, under:
- the Consumer Rights Act 2015; 2. the Consumer Regulations; 3. the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or 4. any other consumer protection legislation; 2 as that legislation is amended from time to time. For more details of your legal rights please refer to your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.